Have you implemented any notable sustainability initiatives in your business activities?
Do you want to give visibility to your company and become an inspirational model for fellow entrepreneurs?
For the first time, Generali Portugal has launched its search for SMEs that stand out for their environmentally friendly and socially responsible practices, with the objective of increasing their visibility in the local market.
Until June 15, 2022
Innovation and digital transformation
ABOUT SME EnterPRIZE
SMEs represent 98% of businesses in Portugal and have a significant impact on the economy, as well as on the regions and communities in which they operate. For this reason, Pedro Carvalho, CEO of the Generali Group’s Tranquilidade brand, said: “SMEs must focus and strengthen their performance in the green economy and reinforce relationships within the value chain“.
A jury of independent experts from the academic, business, and associative spheres, renowned specialists with demonstrated experience in the field of sustainability, will analyse and evaluate the applications.
- Alberto Castro, Economist and Professor at Porto Business School and Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- Alexandra Azevedo, President of the National Board, Quercus
- Alexandra Ferreira de Carvalho, Secretary General of the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Action and Director of the Environmental Fund
- Gonçalo Salazar Leite, President of the SME Innovation Network Monitoring Committee, COTEC
- Isabel Capeloa Gil, Rector of the Portuguese Catholic University
- João W. Meneses, General Secretary at BCSD Portugal
- Joaquim Macedo de Sousa, Executive Director at HIESE – Habitat for Business Innovation in Strategic Sectors
- Luís Veiga Martins, Associate Dean for Community Engagement & Sustainable Impact and Director of Sustainability, Nova School of Business and Economics
- Luísa Schmidt, Sociologist at the Institute of Social Sciences at University of Lisbon and Coordinator of Observa – Observatório de Ambiente, Territorio e Sociedade
- Margarida Couto, President at GRACE – Responsible Companies
- Nuno Gonçalves, Member of the Board of Directors, IAPMEI
- Nuno Lacasta, Chairman of the Board of Directors, APA – Portuguese Environment Agency
- Nuno Mangas, President at COMPETE 2020
Among the top three shortlisted SMEs, one will be chosen as the winner of the competition and will be awarded a series of prizes including:
- Tranquilidade products and services (value: € 15,000)
- Media and dissemination plan by the Cofina Media Group (value: over € 2 million).
Additionally, one of the three SMEs will represent Portugal at the international event in Brussels on 26 October 2022.
SME EnterPRIZE Portugal